Accessibility statement for Formstack
This accessibility statement applies to all pages and forms on the uohss.formstack.com domain.
This website is run by Student Services at the University of Hull. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most forms using just a keyboard
- Navigate most forms using speech recognition software
- Listen to most forms using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the forms as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some input fields on our forms are missing autocomplete attributes
- Some images contain text, and may not have helpful alt-text.
- When embedded in other sites, forms may be missing IFrame titles, and may not reflow when zoomed in
- Forms themselves are not helpfully titled
- Some elements on the form will not show keyboard focus
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, or braille, or wish to make a complaint:
- Internal users (staff and students) can use the internal accessibility form.
- External parties (applicants and other external individuals) can use the external accessibility form.
- Call us on 01482462222
- Visit us in person via the Central Hub, 1st floor of Student Central, University of Hull, Cottingham Road, HU6 7RX between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please note, due to current social distancing requirements, this in person service is not currently available.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us using the above contact details.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Student Services at the University of Hull is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Due to our intention to move to a new forms platform in the next 12 months, we are considering the remedying of any accessibility issues to be dipropionate burden at this time. We will of course resolve these issues as we move forms to their new platform, and will provide accessible alternatives in the interim where needed.
We have identified the following issues with the current forms platform:
- Some forms do not have autocomplete attributes defined on things like name, address, and phone number. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.5 (Identify Input Purpose).
- Some forms have images that lack sufficient alt-text and also contain images of text where the same visual presentation could be made without using an image. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (Non-text Content) and 1.4.5 (Images of Text).
- When our forms are embedded on other sites, they may lack an IFrame title, and may not reflow and resize when zoomed in, due to having a fixed width. This fails WCAG 2.1 success creiterion 1.1.1 (Non-text Content), 1.4.4 (Resize text), and 1.4.10 (Reflow).
Please note that forms access directly at uohss.formstack.com do not have this issue, only those embedded on subsequent sites, however we are choosing to include this information here given the prevalence of embedding forms in other sites.
- Forms have a default title of ‘Student Service Forms’ set, and not the actual title of the form. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.2 (Page Titled).
- Some elements on forms (typically lists of radio buttons/checklists will not show keyboard focus when selected, even though they have the keyboard focus. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.7 (Focus Visible).
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
As we migrate to our new forms platform, we will consider accessibility on all forms to be of the utmost importance.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on the 22nd of September. It was last reviewed on the 22nd of September 2020.
This website was last tested on the 22nd of September. The test was carried out internally by the Student Engagement and Communications Team within Student Services at the University of Hull.
To test the site we selected a random sample of forms, from across the different categories of forms we have.
Content modified from the GOV.UK accessbility statement - used through the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Report A Concern